Documents: Getting to China
Sample China Flight Itinerary
Chinese Visa Application
A typical semester in China on the Exchange
• Depart US around Feb 6-7.
• Spend first week touring Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou visiting temples, museums, eating street food, staying in hotels.
• Overnight train to Xi'an arriving around Feb 13-14 and move in with host family. Families commonly take BHS students on weekend trips to countryside to visit relatives or outings to monuments or parks.
• Begin classes at the Gao Xin No. 1 School in Xi'an.
• Pre-arranged week-long trip to Yunnan, March
• Arranged week-long trip location with our Chinese travel agent decided by group. Past trips have included Sichuan, Fujian, Hainan, Guilin.
•Last 4-5 days in Beijing, late May, including visit to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden Palace, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, the Great Wall, and dining on Beijing specialties.
• Return to US around June 1